in Toronto, Danforth area
Do you have a Dental Emergency? Danforth Toronto Dentist Dr. Iliana Paparisto can help!
Do you have pain, discomfort, or swelling in your mouth? Unable to sleep at night because of your toothache?
Then you need a dental emergency appointment at our clinic in Toronto.
We understand that dental pain can be excruciating, debilitating, and upsetting, which is why we provide urgent appointments so you are seen as soon as possible. With us, your dental emergency in Toronto will soon be a distant memory.
What is a Dental Emergency?
Our emergency dentist, Dr. Paparisto, can help with a variety of dental emergencies, including some of these common cases:
- Tooth loss: Had an accident that’s resulted in you losing one of your teeth? We can help. However, there is something you can do until your appointment. If you still have your tooth, place it back in your mouth in its original place or in a glass of lukewarm milk, taking care not to touch the root.
- A broken or cracked tooth: We’ll take care of your pain while doing everything we can to save your natural tooth. To reduce the swelling until your appointment, place a cold compress on your cheek.
- Unbearable tooth pain: We’ll identify the cause of your pain so we can remove your discomfort. But until then, use dental floss, your toothbrush, and rinse your mouth with warm water to try and remove any debris from your teeth.
- An object that’s stuck in your teeth: We’ll extract whatever has got stuck in your teeth and is causing you pain. As tempting as it is, don’t use sharp objects to try and remove this yourself. Only use your toothbrush, dental floss, or mouthwash.
All of these issues are highly unlikely to go away without the right treatment. And if left, they could worsen into something far more sinister, causing an infection in your mouth which may spread to other areas.
Now accepting new patients
At Twogether Dental, our dental checkups and cleaning services are perfect for the whole family. We work with dental technology for your comfort and for effective results. We are a fun and friendly family dentistry that offers a wide range of services in addition to general dentistry – cosmetic dental treatment, restorative dentistry, dental implants, dentures, orthodontics, and more.
What Happens During a Dental Emergency in Toronto?
Dr. Paparisto’s first priority is to find the source of your pain, discomfort, or swelling. Once established, she’ll get to work with a tailored treatment program that tackles the problem once and for all. She’ll talk you through what’s involved in your treatment so you know what’s happening at each and every stage.
Preserving Your Teeth for the Future
Here at Twogether Dental, we don’t believe in just “drilling and filling,” as we also go above and beyond to establish a long-lasting relationship with our patients. This gives you confidence and trust in us and our services, while also allowing us to help you achieve beautiful, healthy teeth. We do this by educating you on the simple lifestyle choices you can make to boost your oral health and overall well-being.
For example, here are some easy-to-follow ways you can avoid a dental emergency in the future:
- Use proper dental hygiene to avoid tooth decay. This includes cleaning and flossing your teeth twice a day and avoiding unhealthy, sugary foods where possible
- Avoid hard candies or food that may break or crack your teeth
- Wear a mouth guard when partaking in contact sports
- Visit us twice a year for checkups
Allow us to treat your dental emergency in Toronto while also helping you take care of your teeth for many years to come.